Jimmy Paredes 3B

Travis Snider LF

Henry Urrutia RF

Steve Clevenger DH

Chris Parmelee 1B

Ryan Lavarnway C

Ryan Flaherty 2B

Brian Matusz LHP

Left-handers Wesley Wright and Tim Berry are listed among the relievers.

Mike Napoli has been scratched today.

Here's the new Red Sox lineup:

Mookie Betts CF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Pablo Sandoval 3B

Hanley Ramirez LF

Shane Victorino RF

Brock Holt 1B

Xander Bogaerts SS

Ryan Hanigan C

Christian Vazquez DH

Justin Masterson RHP

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimmy Paredes, potentially the greatest Orioles hitter ever, singles up the middle to score Cabrera. 1-0 Os. Paredes is 12-27 w 10 RBIs</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dan Connolly

Read this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gausman stayed on the mound to get 6 outs in 3rd. On 15 pitches. 13 strikes. 3 errors behind him. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From the minor league camp

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I hear you... in terms of past eras. But I believe some recent posts here have shown our rotation is going as deep as most staffs, in the era we're in. The nature of the beast. Solution: a better bullpen. 
    • Yeah no shade to him, as the ERA speaks for itself and the offense has been brutal behind him. But he has gone against Berrios, Trevor Williams, Luis Gil, and Ross Stripling his last 4 games and was out pitched by Williams and Gil. He did leave with the lead against Berrios and Stripling, but 3 of those 4 offenses are mediocre to bad so far this year, and it would be nice to see him dominate a team (he had an 8/5 K/BB ratio in those 2 games he left with a lead).  He’s great and I’m happy he’s an Oriole. But if Bradish is healthy and there’s a winner take all game, I’d go with him at this point. Going back to June 1st of last year, they have very similar K, BB, and GB rates, with Bradish slightly beating out Burnes in each category (and a little bit more pronounced if you go back to August 1st instead). He’s been a better pitcher the last calendar year. As a fan, I’m happy they’re both Orioles.
    • Pitch before I believe was the fastball that was a high outside strike. Thinking something off speed maybe? But why slow down the bat?  That’s inexperience.
    • It’s all good Eddie, I understand your point and others as well. I worked in college sports for 9 years so I fully understand how a manager wouldn’t want to disrespect or hurt a veteran etc and in this case Mullins has been a well respected and productive/important O’ for a long time. From my personal perspective, I think Hyde needs to give the team the best chance to tie the game which is not Mullins but I get it but don’t agree.  Managers have to make tough calls, it’s not always about managing “X’s and O’s” but managing the 25 on the roster and if Hyde feels it’s more important to “stand by” Mullins there vs potentially hurting his mental even more by going with Stowers then I’ll just have to disagree with Hyde even if I believe he’s a good manager overall.
    • Your choices are Hays, Stowers, Urias, and McCann. There's not much there. The game was lost when Cowser choked and gave Toronto the opportunity to pitch around Westburg.
    • I never wanted Hays there.. and thus suggested Stowers. Yet apparently Stowers is not allowed to hit for Mullins so all I’m getting from everyone is Hyde has to keep Mullins there.
    • He's a terrific pitcher, no doubt, but a major league starter has to be able to give us 95-100 pitches....Fatigue at 85? I think thats weak...Jon Lester would've gone 7 or 8...so would many in that era...the reason this pen is overworked is because our pitchers dont go deep enough into the game.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now